Reposting these words of wisdom by author: Elizabeth Gilbert
TEN ACTUAL THINGS THAT LOVE HAS SAID TO ME WHEN I WAS ALONE AND AFRAID (FOR ANYONE WHO MIGHT NEED IT TODAY❤️)
1. What’s that, my baby? You feel like you’re failing at life? But may I ask: By whose rules? And by what deadline?
2. Please stop looking for proof that you are wrong and bad. Don’t be in such a hurry to disown yourself. And please, for the love of God, stop trying to transform. Just sit here with me for a moment, and let me love you exactly as you are. And maybe get yourself a nice big glass of water. That usually helps.
3. You don’t need to show compassion or patience to the world right now. Why would I force that on you, when you don’t actually feel it? You don’t even need to be grateful right now. I love you so much, I will never ask you to do anything you can’t do. Just sit here with me, and know that you are loved, and let that be all we do right now.
4. Stop trying. Does that scare you? Do you still have trouble believing how loved you are—even when you are doing nothing, producing nothing, improving nothing, understanding nothing? Can you sit quietly with me for a moment and consider the possibilities?
5. Can you find the courage and curiosity to live one breath at a time? Can you breathe into this very moment, right now? Because “right now” is the only place I will ever be able to find you. So meet me halfway, dear one, by taking the next breath.
6. You are not crazy or broken, sweetheart, but you do have a mind that requires constant, tender, affectionate stewardship. Good thing you have me!
7. I see how you much you fear solitude sometimes, but trust me: This is your medicine. Also, I have a secret for you: You’re not alone. It’s actually not even possible.
8. If it helps, sweetheart, you can’t possibly do anything wrong. By which I mean—you can’t possibly do anything that will lose me.
9. I’m right here. I have always been right here. I will always be right here. And I’ve got nothing but time for you.
10. Don’t worry about how everyone else is doing it. There is no “everyone else”. There is only you and me. And my name is Love. And so is yours. So let’s just sit quietly now, and know this truth together❤️